- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Game On
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
- Rand Pecknold named U.S. Men’s National Team assistant coach
- Allison Kuhn balances Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse schedule with SGA role
- Kei Ezaka sets Quinnipiac men’s tennis wins record
Men’s golf finishes eighth in New England Championships
The Quinnipiac Bobcats golf team teed off in the New England Championships this past weekend for one of their final tournaments, as Quinnipiac has opted to discontinue its golf team for the fall of 2009 onward. The team did not fare so well in the tournament, finishing in eighth place among the 10 invited schools.
The tournament was originally scheduled to be a 36-hole event, however, the heavy rain on Saturday in Rhode Island cut the second round short to nine holes, making it a 27-hole event.
Sacred Heart captured first place for their second straight tournament. Senior Pat Fillian medaled for the Pioneers in both tournaments. At the New England Championships, Fillian fired a three-over-par, 110 in 27 holes at the Triggs Memorial Golf Club. His total scored tied him for first place individually with three other players.
Quinnipiac sophomore Charlie Niland medaled for the Bobcats with his combined score of 114 (77, 37), good for 15th place individually. Senior captain Ian O’Connor was the next best finisher for the Bobcats posting a total score of 117 (79, 38), earning him a tie for 25th place out of the 53 total competitors at the tourney.
Other Bobcats finishing in the tournament included senior Jason Loranger (78, 41, t-28th place), senior Ryan Reynolds (79, 41, t-32nd place) and junior Ben Cook (83, 42, 43 rd place).
The Quinnipiac golf team only has two tournaments remaining on its spring schedule. The Northeast Invitational is a one-day tournament this Friday. The team will conclude its schedule with the Northeast Conference Championships held in Kissimmee, Fla., beginning on May 1.