- Quinnipiac men’s basketball drops home opener to Hartford, 68-54
- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, on leave from the university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
- ‘Lotta ties, lotta ties’
- Crossing the line
WRECK of the week
President Barack Obama made an unprecedented appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” which did not go quite as planned. Obama appeared on the late night talk show to discuss the economy and bailouts. But, when the topic of bowling came up, Obama made an ill-timed and inappropriate quip. The White House famously features a bowling alley and Obama revealed that he bowled a score of 129 to which he stated that “It was like the Special Olympics or something.” This prompted immediate laughter from the audience. The subsequent events have offended those with special needs and those who work with them every day. While this event shows Obama is only human and makes mistakes, this clip is cringe-worthy to watch from one of the most powerful leaders of the free world.