- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
Wreck of the Week: True Beauty
Hosted by the vapid Vanessa Minnillo, “True Beauty” is one of the stupidest reality shows since “Are You Hot?” in 2003 (no coincidence, both shows are from ABC). This series tests the contestants outer (and inner beauty) through a series of manipulative competitions. The secret is that the contestants only believe they are being judged on their outer appearance; however, the judges are also observing their true inner beauty. Every week, a contestant is eliminated and it is revealed to them that “there is more to this competition than meets the eye.” Judges Cheryl Tiegs and Nolé Marin are absolutely worthless. Neither add any significant contribution and their lines seem written for them by producers. The straw that broke the camel’s back occurred with the elimination of Chelsea on Feb. 2. Not only was she the most entertaining contestant, but had the most sense when she spoke in her confessionals. This show should follow the disastrous VH1 “celeb-reality” model and purposely keep the contestants that are the most engaging. At least then the show would be a train wreck for all the right reasons.