- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Rave of the week: Damages
Five-time Academy Award nominee Glenn Close stars as attorney Patty Hewes in FX’s “Damages.” This legal drama is now in its second season and continues to make compelling episodes week after week. The second season takes place after a heart-stopping first season finale where one of Patty’s associates Ellen (Rose Byrne) believes Patty tried to have her killed. Ellen is still working alongside Patty, but is secretly aligned with the government, who want to take down Patty themselves. Ellen is also struggling with the death of her fiancé David (Noah Bean), who Ellen believes was murdered by Arthur Frobisher (Ted Danson). After a brief stay at the hospital, Frobisher is now in hiding, so Ellen must try to move on. Oscar winners William Hurt and Marcia Gay Harden have joined the cast this season and have made excellent additions to this Emmy-award winning series. Close and Hurt re-unite for the first time since they co-starred in the massively successful film, “The Big Chill” in 1983. The twists and turns of this series make for a pulsating thrill ride that leaves mouths agape in surprise every week.