- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
Rave of the Week: Gossip Girl
The fabulous lives of teenage socialites are examined on the CW drama, “Gossip Girl.” Narrated by the witty Kristen Bell, who shined on “Veronica Mars” for three seasons, adds spice to a series known for its salacious storylines. While not perfect, “Gossip Girl” does not take itself too seriously and recognizes when certain stories or characters are not working. Even though the storylines are centered on the teenagers, some of the best material is rooted from the adults. In particular, the relationship between Lily (Kelly Rutherford) and Rufus (Matthew Settle) makes them the strongest duo on the series. The best part of the program is Blair’s (Leighton Meester) maid Dorota (Zuzanna Szadkowski), who steals every scene with her one-liner’s and nutty facial expressions. “Gossip Girl” is the good kind of irresistable fun; it is like eating junk food that you know you can’t have, but eat it anyway.