- Quinnipiac men’s basketball drops home opener to Hartford, 68-54
- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, on leave from the university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
- ‘Lotta ties, lotta ties’
- Crossing the line
Rave of the Week: Gossip Girl
The fabulous lives of teenage socialites are examined on the CW drama, “Gossip Girl.” Narrated by the witty Kristen Bell, who shined on “Veronica Mars” for three seasons, adds spice to a series known for its salacious storylines. While not perfect, “Gossip Girl” does not take itself too seriously and recognizes when certain stories or characters are not working. Even though the storylines are centered on the teenagers, some of the best material is rooted from the adults. In particular, the relationship between Lily (Kelly Rutherford) and Rufus (Matthew Settle) makes them the strongest duo on the series. The best part of the program is Blair’s (Leighton Meester) maid Dorota (Zuzanna Szadkowski), who steals every scene with her one-liner’s and nutty facial expressions. “Gossip Girl” is the good kind of irresistable fun; it is like eating junk food that you know you can’t have, but eat it anyway.