- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
Garwood, sophomore, killed in car accident
Amanda Garwood, a Quinnipiac sophomore, passed away on Saturday, Dec. 13 from injuries related to a car accident.
Garwood was a Diagnostic Imaging major from Winthrop, Maine, according to a press release sent out by Associate Dean of Student Affairs Monique Drucker.
The Bangor Daily News reported Tara Gamwell, of Portland, was driving southbound on I-95 in Augusta when she lost control of her vehicle and flipped over the median, crossing Garwood’s path. The reason Gamwell lost control was never discovered.
Police said Gamwell was taken to Central Maine Medical Center with several injuries, including a broken pelvis.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Amanda’s family and friends,” vice president and dean of student affairs Manuel Carreiro said. “We extend our prayers and condolences.”