- Baker Dunleavy signs five-year contract extension
- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
QU sophomore killed in car accident
Amanda Garwood, a Quinnipiac sophomore, passed away on Saturday, December 13 from injuries related to a car accident.
According to a press release sent out by associate dean of student affairs Monique Drucker, Garwood was a Diagnostic Imaging major from Winthrop, Maine.
The Bangor Daily News has reported that Tara Gamwell of Portland was driving southbound on I-95 in Augusta when she lost control of her vehicle and flipped over the median, crossing Garwood’s path. It is still under investigation as to why Gamwell lost control.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Amanda’s family and friends,” vice president and dean of student affairs Manuel Carreiro said. “We extend our prayers and condolences.”
Stay with quchronicle.com for more on this developing story.