- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
- Rand Pecknold named U.S. Men’s National Team assistant coach
- Allison Kuhn balances Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse schedule with SGA role
- Kei Ezaka sets Quinnipiac men’s tennis wins record
- Mediate your media
- The cool ‘Aunt’
QU sophomore killed in car accident
Amanda Garwood, a Quinnipiac sophomore, passed away on Saturday, December 13 from injuries related to a car accident.
According to a press release sent out by associate dean of student affairs Monique Drucker, Garwood was a Diagnostic Imaging major from Winthrop, Maine.
The Bangor Daily News has reported that Tara Gamwell of Portland was driving southbound on I-95 in Augusta when she lost control of her vehicle and flipped over the median, crossing Garwood’s path. It is still under investigation as to why Gamwell lost control.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Amanda’s family and friends,” vice president and dean of student affairs Manuel Carreiro said. “We extend our prayers and condolences.”
Stay with quchronicle.com for more on this developing story.