- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
QU sophomore killed in car accident
Amanda Garwood, a Quinnipiac sophomore, passed away on Saturday, December 13 from injuries related to a car accident.
According to a press release sent out by associate dean of student affairs Monique Drucker, Garwood was a Diagnostic Imaging major from Winthrop, Maine.
The Bangor Daily News has reported that Tara Gamwell of Portland was driving southbound on I-95 in Augusta when she lost control of her vehicle and flipped over the median, crossing Garwood’s path. It is still under investigation as to why Gamwell lost control.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Amanda’s family and friends,” vice president and dean of student affairs Manuel Carreiro said. “We extend our prayers and condolences.”
Stay with quchronicle.com for more on this developing story.