- ‘Lotta ties, lotta ties’
- Crossing the line
- This pattern of abuse is preventable
- What’s wrong with America?
- Chase Priskie breaks Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey DI record for goals by a defenseman
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer falls in MAAC Championship to Rider, 1-0
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey loses 5-1 to Union
- No. 9 Villanova handles Quinnipiac men’s basketball, 86-53
- Quinnipiac rugby defeats Notre Dame College 46-5 on Senior Day, moves onto NIRA semifinals
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey shuts out RPI, 3-0
QU sophomore killed in car accident
Amanda Garwood, a Quinnipiac sophomore, passed away on Saturday, December 13 from injuries related to a car accident.
According to a press release sent out by associate dean of student affairs Monique Drucker, Garwood was a Diagnostic Imaging major from Winthrop, Maine.
The Bangor Daily News has reported that Tara Gamwell of Portland was driving southbound on I-95 in Augusta when she lost control of her vehicle and flipped over the median, crossing Garwood’s path. It is still under investigation as to why Gamwell lost control.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Amanda’s family and friends,” vice president and dean of student affairs Manuel Carreiro said. “We extend our prayers and condolences.”
Stay with quchronicle.com for more on this developing story.