- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves down to .500 in MAAC play with 75-72 loss to Niagara
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls short in 65-63 loss to Canisius
- Dean of School of Communications Mark Contreras resigns
- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
WQAQ’s ‘Music For Meals’ Preview:QU students get to rock out and feed the hungry
WQAQ 98.1FM, the student-run radio station at Quinnipiac University, will be hosting a show on Nov. 14 called “Music For Meals.” They have been busy planning an event that will not only be a night full of great music but will also be helping others in the process.
This event will take place at The Space, which is located right off of Dixwell Avenue in Hamden, Conn. at 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased for $5, but you can get in for free if you bring two canned goods. All canned goods will be brought to the Connecticut Food Kitchen. It’s a chance to rock out for a really good cause.
At this show, you’ll have a chance to hear bands such as Nightmare of You, Great Caesar and the GoGetters, The Hollow Sound, and AC 147. AC 147 has a bluesy, soulful sound, and the Hollow Sound has Quinnipiac University alumnus Evan Brock on the guitar. The Great Caesar and the GoGetters have a very unique jazz sound, incorporating instruments like guitar, trumpet, and saxophone. This band includes WQAQ’s own Mike Farrell on guitar. These are bands that you will not want to miss.
“There will be great music and it’s for a great cause,” senior Heather Rudow said. “When we’re going to our perspective homes for Thanksgiving, it’s easy to forget that there are people out there who aren’t going to be able to have a warm meal to eat.”