- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Women’s XC finish 14th, men place 22nd
The NCAA Regional Cross Country meet, held in Van Cortland Park, N.Y., saw both Quinnipiac cross country teams place in the middle of the pack on Saturday, Nov. 15. The Bobcats women’s team finished 14th out of 34, while the men’s team placed 22nd out of 33.
The top performer from QU was Chelsea Bollerman, a senior, who finished the course 29th overall, with a time of 22:27. The second QU female runner, freshman Morgan Roche, crossed the line at 23:06, and finishing in 66th place.
Finishing out the five eligible runners that ran for the Bobcats women’s team were freshman Katie Beam with a time of 23:32.9, junior Lindsey Pierret with a time of 23:36.2 and sophomore Kelly Sorrel finishing at 24:59.4. They finished in 91st, 95th and 180th, respectively.
A pair of Quinnipiac freshmen led the men’s cross country team. Rich Klauber and Dan Roark each placed in the top 100 runners, with Klauber posting the best time of the QU men’s team, running the 10K race in 33:53 and finishing in 71st place. Roark placed in 25 spots later, posting a time of 34:26
The men’s team saw the rest of the final three eligible runners place 116th, 152nd and 159th. Junior Tyler Dinnan ran a time of 34:53, sophomore John Greenlaw finished with a time of 35:42.3 and senior Jack McDonald rounded out the team with a time of 35:49.6.
With such a young core group of runners, look for the Bobcats to compete again next year. Only seniors Bollerman and McDonald will graduate, bringing back the majority of the runners that competed in New York this past Saturday.