- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
SPB’s Fall Concert Preview:When a hip-hop princess meets a rock band sensation
The Fall Concert has been all the hype ever since the guest performers were announced at Midnight Madness. SPB has been working tirelessly for months to make this concert happen and the date is rapidly approaching. On Nov. 16, Ashanti and The Audition will be coming to Quinnipiac University to put on the concert of the semester.
This concert has been in the planning process since last May. It started with a campus-wide survey given to all undergraduate students. The survey results were then determined and with 52.9 percent of the student body’s vote, Ashanti was the clear winner. The decision was made with much thought and consideration, and with possible Spring performances in mind.
You might remember the Long Island-native, Ashanti, from her days when she recorded hit after hit with rapper Ja Rule. These chart-toppers included “Foolish,” “Happy” and “Baby.” More recent songs are “Rock wit U (Awww Baby),” “Rain on Me,” “Still on It,” and “The Way That I Love You.” Or maybe you might recognize her from the appearances she made in films such as “The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz,” “John Tucker Must Die” and “Resident Evil: Extinction.”
As for the Chicago band The Audition, if you went to any of the Vans Warped Tour shows this past summer then you might have seen them. Danny Stevens (vocals), Seth Johnson (lead guitar), Timmy Klepek (guitar), Joe Lussa (bass) and Ryan O’Connor (drums) definitely know how to put on quite the rock show. Some of their more popular songs include “You’ve Made Us Conscious,” “Approach the Bench,” “Don’t Be So Hard,” “Warm Me Up,” and “Make It Rain.” You’ll be dancing and singing along in no time.
With acts like Ashanti and The Audition, tickets will go fast. They are currently available at a table in the student center lobby. Tickets cost $10 for QU students and $20 for guests.