- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
From Your Student Government Office
As you may be aware, last week your Student Government Association made a motion to ban the Web site Juicycampus.com from campus. There has been quite a bit of news circulating about this action, and we hope the Quinnipiac community understands that our plan of action is meant for the sole purpose of benefitting our campus, and making it a better place.
First, it is imperative for everyone to know that we did not make this decision on our own. Over 40 campus organizational leaders agreed with our opinion on the Web site, and declared that they no longer want it to be a part of our campus. The purpose of Juicycampus.com is to anonymously put down your peers and this, especially after the acts of hatred our campus has unfortunately seen, gives legitimate grounds for students to want it gone.
There are also rules in the Quinnipiac University Student Handbook, explaining that such acts will not be tolerated. The Basic Policy section, Harassment and Abuse (number III) lists specific acts that are prohibited, including “Slanderous, false, or malicious statement(s) about a person or defamation of character.” Also, page 72 of the Student Handbook explains “Internet Communication” regulations and the “Student Code of Conduct.”
The reasoning behind the unanimous motion is to ultimately make our community better, healthier, and safer. Everyone has the right to feel comfortable and secure here at Quinnipiac, and we, SGA and organizational leaders, feel that Juicycampus.com thwarts those feelings. We hope you understand our thoughts and we encourage you to voice your opinions at our meetings, every Wednesday at 4:15 p.m. in SC207.
Live the Legend,
Your Student Government Association