- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
From Your Student Government Office
A recurring issue on our campus has been the need for more environmental awareness. Unfortunately, our campus has had a poor reputation when it comes to being green, but many students and campus organizations have been working towards helping our environment. We encourage students to take the necessary steps to be more environmentally friendly, because it will make our community a better place.
Our campus is slowly but surely progressing in ‘Going Green’, making our campus more ecologically aware. This is done in part by the development of resources that will help, not harm, the environment. One of these developments includes wind turbines and solar power at the York Hill Campus, expected to be completed by next year.
While we, the students, may be the first to judge ourselves for a lack of environmental concern, it is important to remember that our future can be greener. It is never too late to enact ways to help our environment. Simply turning off a light when you leave a room, or throwing an empty bottle into a recycle bin instead of a waste basket are a couple of the many ways to start going green.
To all members of the Quinnipiac community: give yourself an objective. Challenge yourself to help the environment and our campus. Make a change for the better; it will inspire others to do the same.
If you have any questions or comments, we encourage you to attend our meetings, every Wednesday at 4:15 p.m. in SC 207.
Live the Legend,
Your Student Government Association