- Quinnipiac introduces Baker Dunleavy as men’s basketball coach
- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
Valencia Gives “Reason to Believe”
When five guys from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania decided to form a band in 2004, they probably didn’t realize how far they would come in just a few short years. Their first CD, released in 2005, was titled “This Could Be a Possibility” and put them on the map of the punk-rock music scene. Since their first CD, they have made some great strides – Spin magazine named them “Band of the Day” in 2005, and they were runners-up for “Band of the Year” in 2006. They have been on the Vans Warped Tour ticket for three years and have toured with Fall Out Boy and Boys Like Girls.
In late August the band released their sophomore album “We All Need a Reason to Believe” and proved that they are only getting better with age. The CD opens up with an upbeat, catchy song titled “Better Be Prepared”. The album continues with equally energetic songs such as “All At Once” and “Where Did You Go?” Valencia also has some slower, thoughtful songs with great lyrics like “Carry On” and “I Can’t See Myself”. Not only does this band open up with a great song that will make you want to keep listening, but they also close with a song that will make you wish that the cd wasn’t over. “Free” closes the cd with great vocals and instrumentals that will make you glad you listened.
Valencia’s new cd is definitely worth buying. You’ll find yourself singing along instantly and it’s the perfect album for almost any occasion. They have already begun touring and will be playing in Hartford on November 13th and in NYC on November 14th.