- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
Women’s lax sweeps home NEC weekend
The Quinnipiac University women’s lacrosse team improved to 6-4 on the season, 4-1 in the NEC, with a 19-3 win over St. Francis (PA) Sunday afternoon.
Two unassisted goals by Tiffany Manzi gave the Bobcats 2-0 lead six minutes into the first half.
The Bobcats reeled off the next 14 goals before St. Francis (PA) got on the board when the Red Flash’s Meghan Crosby scored with 30 seconds left in the first half.
Katy Delagi led the Bobcats with a hat trick and an assist. Delagi pushed her total to 15 goals on the season, which puts her third on the team in total points. Manzi and Ashley Valentine lead the Bobcats with 29 points a piece.
Quinnipiac received contributions from most of their roster as 14 different players scored the 19 goals. Manzi, Janelle Lopez and Michelle Murray each had two goals a piece.
After dropping their NEC opener to Monmouth 11-10, the Bobcats have reeled off four wins in a row over Long Island, Wagner, Robert Morris, and St. Francis (PA). Quinnipiac is currently tied for second with Mt. St. Mary’s. The Bobcats will take on conference leader Sacred Heart on Friday in Fairfield.