- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Women’s lax sweeps home NEC weekend
The Quinnipiac University women’s lacrosse team improved to 6-4 on the season, 4-1 in the NEC, with a 19-3 win over St. Francis (PA) Sunday afternoon.
Two unassisted goals by Tiffany Manzi gave the Bobcats 2-0 lead six minutes into the first half.
The Bobcats reeled off the next 14 goals before St. Francis (PA) got on the board when the Red Flash’s Meghan Crosby scored with 30 seconds left in the first half.
Katy Delagi led the Bobcats with a hat trick and an assist. Delagi pushed her total to 15 goals on the season, which puts her third on the team in total points. Manzi and Ashley Valentine lead the Bobcats with 29 points a piece.
Quinnipiac received contributions from most of their roster as 14 different players scored the 19 goals. Manzi, Janelle Lopez and Michelle Murray each had two goals a piece.
After dropping their NEC opener to Monmouth 11-10, the Bobcats have reeled off four wins in a row over Long Island, Wagner, Robert Morris, and St. Francis (PA). Quinnipiac is currently tied for second with Mt. St. Mary’s. The Bobcats will take on conference leader Sacred Heart on Friday in Fairfield.