- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Drexel in final game of Holiday Showcase
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
Bobcats to host Brown in ECAC playoffs
The men’s ice hockey team ended regular season play with a pair of losses to St. Lawrence and Clarkson last weekend, extending their losing streak to six games.
Before the skid started with a 7-2 loss against Dartmouth on Feb. 16, the Bobcats were tied with Princeton for second place in the ECAC.
After Saturday’s 8-0 drubbing at the hands of Clarkson, the Bobcats find themselves the sixth seed entering the ECAC tournament this weekend.
During the six game skid, opponents have outscored the Bobcats 30-9.
On Friday night, St. Lawrence used three second period goals to upend the Bobcats 4-1.
Eric Lampe’s 11th goal of the season was the Bobcats only tally of the night.
Four first period goals, including two shorthanded, propelled Clarkson to the 8-0 win Saturday night.
The win for the Knights avenged a 3-2 defeat at the hands of the Bobcats earlier this season.
The Bobcats have not suffered through a losing streak of six games since the 1994-95 season, when they dropped eight straight.
The Bobcats will host a three-game series against Brown in the first round of the playoffs beginning Friday March 7 at 7 p.m. The teams will match up again Saturday night and Sunday night if necessary.
During the regular season, Quinnipiac swept the Bears with a pair of three-goal wins.
Six different Bobcats netted goals on Jan. 11 as the Bobcats stormed out to a 4-0 first period lead en route to a 6-3 victory in Providence.
The line of Brandon Wong, Dan Travis and Jean-Marc Beaudoin accounted for three goals and four assists on the night.
Led by Bud Fisher’s ninth career shutout, the Bobcats defeated Brown at the TD Banknorth Sportscenter 3-0 on Feb. 10.
Wong, Travis and Mike Atkinson each scored a goal and Fisher made 25 saves to keep the Bears off the scoreboard.
Since joining the ECAC prior to the 2005-06 season, the Bobcats are 4-2 against Brown.
On the season, the Bears are 6-19-4 overall and 6-13-3 in the ECAC, which tied them for last in the league.
The Bears average just 2.07 goals a game, which ranks 56th out of 59 Division I hockey teams.