- Quinnipiac men’s soccer falls in MAAC Championship to Rider, 1-0
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey loses 5-1 to Union
- No. 9 Villanova handles Quinnipiac men’s basketball, 86-53
- Quinnipiac rugby defeats Notre Dame College 46-5 on Senior Day, moves onto NIRA semifinals
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey shuts out RPI, 3-0
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer prevails in shootout vs. Marist, advances to MAAC Championship
- Hell comes to Quinnipiac
- Social Media IRL
- Best week to eat
- The 90’s never felt so modern
Album Review: Secondhand Serenade- “Twist in My Story”
The Artist: Secondhand Serenade’s latest album presents an emotional compilation of songs embodied by innocent lyrics. As a follow up album to the band’s 2007 album, “Awake,” their new album “Twist in My Story” exemplifies the same soulful tunes and lyrics that make this band unique. Lead singer, John Vesley, brings something that is honest and pure to all of his songs and lyrics.
Why it rocks: It’s against the norm. Vesley captures in his lyrics an array of emotions; sadness, longing, lust and pain. It is relaxing and vulnerable; it quiets your mind. If you like Dashboard Confessional, you will love Secondhand Serenade and their naked emotion. But most of all this album rocks because it is an escape from the rap and hip hop that seems to be constantly streaming on MTV and the radio.
Song Worth Downloading: “Fall for You” because it is a desperate plea about loving and missing someone.