- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball prepares for NCAA Tournament
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
- Spreading the Word to End the Word
- Tom Moore fired as men’s basketball head coach after 10 seasons
Danilo Schiavon picked in MISL draft
Danilo Schiavon will be trading in his soccer cleats for a pair of indoor shoes for the next stage of his soccer career.
The senior was the No. 25 overall selection in the Major Indoor Soccer League College Draft on Jan. 29. He was chosen by the defending MISL champion Philadelphia KiXX in the second round of the nine team league draft.
He found out about his selection on his way to class last week.
“I ran into Jack MacDonald (Athletic Director) and he congratulated me for getting drafted. I didn’t know what he was talking about,” Schiavon said.
He was in the pool of midfielders eligible for the MLS draft and was surprised when he learned he’d be playing for the KiXX in October.
“I don’t know how they found me,” he said. “I haven’t even talked to anyone from the team yet.”
Schiavon was a key component of a Bobcat squad that set the school record for the best start to a season in program history. The Bobcats began the season 9-0-3 and beat the ACC champion Boston College Eagles.
Schiavon was second on the team in goals with six and tied for the team lead with three assists.
The Sao Paulo, Brazil native tallied nine goals over the course of his career.
This season he was named to the All-NEC team and the NSCAA/adidas North Atlantic All-Region third team, but his selection into the MISL is the highlight of his senior year.
“It feels really good. We had a tough end to our season. Graciano (Brito) and Freddy (Hall) got a lot of the credit, so it feels good to see my name out there,” Schiavon said.