- Rugby looks to repeat as national champions with playoffs approaching
- Volleyball remains humble through newfound success
- Dean of School of Education Passes Away
- A second home in Hamden
- Men’s ice hockey takes 3-2 win over UMass despite power-play woes
- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
Student Government Extra!
As the first of a bimonthly column, the Student Government Association wants to update you on up-coming events, projects in the works, and the progress and outcomes of completed projects.
The Student Awareness Committee (SAC), along with running QUConerns.com (the student concern website), is taking on three larger projects this year: club sports, student handbook involvement, and opening the TD Banknorth Athletic Center to student-sponsored activities and events. Andrew Clark, Vice President of Student Concerns, says that a lot of research is being done involving all three topics. Members of SAC have been researching how similar colleges and universities have introduced club level sports at their institutions, and how colleges and universities with similar athletic complexes began to host events in such arenas.
.read all about it!
Recently resolved concerns:
-There will now be French toast sticks EVERY morning in the café, not just once a week!
-Q30 will now be taping ALL hockey games and airing them LIVE!
Works in progress:
-SAC is looking into how to obtain printing in academic buildings besides the library.
Think on it.
At the end of every column, we are going to ask you to “think on it.” and let us know your thoughts on an issue, question, etc. This week we want to know:
“Transfer students: do you like living in Whitney Village? What do you think of your living arrangements and options?”
We want to hear what you have to say.if you have an opinion regarding this week’s “Think on it.” e-mail: email@example.com
Friday, Oct. 12:
Midnight Madness, TD Banknorth Athletic Center (8:00 p.m.)
Sunday, Oct. 28:
Scare-a-palooza, Complex Courtyard (1:00 p.m.)
-Pumpkin Painting, carmel apples, photo keychains, and lots more!