- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Men’s soccer no longer unbeaten
After going their first 12 games without a loss, the Quinnipiac University men’s soccer team lost two NEC games this weekend.
On Friday, Quinnipiac (9-2-3, 3-2-2 NEC) suffered their first loss of the season when they dropped a 1-0 nail-biter to Mt. St. Mary’s (4-10-1, 2-5 NEC).
The loan goal of the game came off the foot of Eric Detzel. Detzel found the back of the net in the first half off an assist from Ty Fenstermacher.
On Sunday, the Bobcats looked to bounce back against NEC leader Monmouth. However, once again, the Bobcats were on the wrong side of a 1-0 contest.
Monmouth (11-3-2, 6-1 NEC) tallied their lone goal of the game when Rob LaRocca beat Quinnipiac goalkeeper Frederick Hall.
The Bobcats were outshot 19-9 by the Mountaineers and 18-5 by the Hawks.
With the two losses, the Bobcats dropped to fourth place in the NEC with two conference games left.
Next weekend, Quinnipiac will host last-place St. Francis (NY) on Friday afternoon and Long Island on Sunday afternnon.