- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
Cross country sweeps NECs
On Saturday at Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, the men’s cross country team won their second straight NEC Championship.
Not to be outdone by their male counterparts, the women took home their third straight NEC Championship on Saturday as well.
Both teams battled wet conditions on the road to their victories.
Leading the way for the men was senior Jacob Gurlzer who finished in first place with a time of 26:10. Right behind Gurlzer were teammates Keith Bushey and Terence Moriarty, who finished in second and third place respectively.
Sophomore Tyler Dinnan finished in ninth place to give the Bobcats four runners in the top ten. Rounding out the Bobcats top five runners was junior Daniel Martin who finished in 16th place overall.
For the women, Kristen Stevens won her second straight NEC Women’s Cross Country Individual Championship as she finished with a time of 17:37.
Chelsea Bollerman finished in second place with a time of 17:56.
Quinnipiac also received strong performances from Lindsey Pierret and Susan Ashe. Pierret finished in fourth place, while Ashe crossed the finish line a few seconds later and came in sixth place.
In total, the Bobcats had seven runners place in the top 14.
Both Ed O’Connor and Shawn Green were named NEC Coach of the Year. Green won the honor for the second year in a row.
The dominant performance by both squads will give them confidence heading into the NCAA Regionals on Nov. 10, in Boston, Mass.
With a strong showing at the NCAA Regionals, the Bobcats could possibly qualify for a spot in the NCAA National Championships. The NCAA Chanpionships will take place on Nov. 19 in Terra Haute, Ind.