- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Women’s lacrosse keeps on rolling
The Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse team kept its clean slate in the Northeast Conference by scoring 14 unanswered goals to propel themselves to a 15-2 road victory over at St. Francis (PA) Saturday.
After Katie Latonick scored the first goal of the game, St. Francis’s Jenna Jester quickly countered with a goal of her own with 27:06 remaining in the first half. The next and last time the Red Flash would score was with 3:19 remaining in the second half. Shannon Scarola finally broke the streak for St. Francis. Prior to that, the Bobcats had held the Red Flash scoreless for 53:47.
Keeping everything out of the net was freshman Hannah Nelson, who recorded her fifth win of the season. Nelson made six saves on eight shots as she received help from a very stout Bobcat defense.
On the offensive end, 10 different Bobcats scored goals. Leading the offensive charge was Kelly Bruneau with three goals, while Ashley Valentine, Nicole Fiore and Tiffany Manzi each had two goals.
The ‘Cats won at Robert Morris, 12-7, Sunday. Nelson won her sixth game of the year and, in the process, set a new Quinnipiac record for wins by a freshman. Ashley Valentine scored five goals and added an assist for the Bobcats.