- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Tragedy strikes QU family
Quinnipiac tragically lost a member of its family this week. Ryan Horodnicki, a 20 year old junior criminal justice major from Deer Park, NY, passed away this Tuesday, July 24 from a head injury.
It is the second student-death this Summer, coming a month after 20 year old Michael McDowell-Smith’s passing on June 26. McDowell-Smith, a sophomore psychobiology major from East Hampton, Conn., was nicknamed “Busey” to close friends.
After falling off the back of a truck while working for Town of Babylon’s Department of Parks and Recreation, Horodnicki was airlifted to Stony Brook University hospital. He was in a coma for two weeks before his death.
The wake for Horodnicki will be on Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29 at 1785 Deer Park Avenue, Deer Park, New York. The funeral mass for Horodnicki will be held on Monday, July 30 at 11:15 a.m. at St. Cyril and Methodius Church in Deer Park.
Donations can be made to Ryan T. Horodnicki Memorial Scholarship, P.O. Box 2954, North Babylon, N.Y., 11703.
More information about the two fallen students will be featured when The Chronicle returns on September 12.