- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
Tragedy strikes QU family
Quinnipiac tragically lost a member of its family this week. Ryan Horodnicki, a 20 year old junior criminal justice major from Deer Park, NY, passed away this Tuesday, July 24 from a head injury.
It is the second student-death this Summer, coming a month after 20 year old Michael McDowell-Smith’s passing on June 26. McDowell-Smith, a sophomore psychobiology major from East Hampton, Conn., was nicknamed “Busey” to close friends.
After falling off the back of a truck while working for Town of Babylon’s Department of Parks and Recreation, Horodnicki was airlifted to Stony Brook University hospital. He was in a coma for two weeks before his death.
The wake for Horodnicki will be on Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29 at 1785 Deer Park Avenue, Deer Park, New York. The funeral mass for Horodnicki will be held on Monday, July 30 at 11:15 a.m. at St. Cyril and Methodius Church in Deer Park.
Donations can be made to Ryan T. Horodnicki Memorial Scholarship, P.O. Box 2954, North Babylon, N.Y., 11703.
More information about the two fallen students will be featured when The Chronicle returns on September 12.