- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
Tragedy strikes QU family
Quinnipiac tragically lost a member of its family this week. Ryan Horodnicki, a 20 year old junior criminal justice major from Deer Park, NY, passed away this Tuesday, July 24 from a head injury.
It is the second student-death this Summer, coming a month after 20 year old Michael McDowell-Smith’s passing on June 26. McDowell-Smith, a sophomore psychobiology major from East Hampton, Conn., was nicknamed “Busey” to close friends.
After falling off the back of a truck while working for Town of Babylon’s Department of Parks and Recreation, Horodnicki was airlifted to Stony Brook University hospital. He was in a coma for two weeks before his death.
The wake for Horodnicki will be on Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29 at 1785 Deer Park Avenue, Deer Park, New York. The funeral mass for Horodnicki will be held on Monday, July 30 at 11:15 a.m. at St. Cyril and Methodius Church in Deer Park.
Donations can be made to Ryan T. Horodnicki Memorial Scholarship, P.O. Box 2954, North Babylon, N.Y., 11703.
More information about the two fallen students will be featured when The Chronicle returns on September 12.