- Rugby looks to repeat as national champions with playoffs approaching
- Volleyball remains humble through newfound success
- Dean of School of Education dies at 51
- A second home in Hamden
- Men’s ice hockey takes 3-2 win over UMass despite power-play woes
- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
Golf team wraps up play at New England tourney
The Quinnipiac golf team had a strong start in the New England Division I Golf Championships in Providence last weekend. The Bobcats shot a combined 321 Saturday in the first round to tie them with Dartmouth College for 13th place out of 17 teams.
Leading the way for the Bobcats was Ben Cook who shot a 76. Cook was tied for 17th place after day one. Closely followed by Cook was Steve Velardi with a 77. Kyle Chumas shot an 82 in round one. Eric Snow and Ian O’Connor each shot 86 for the Bobcats first day of action.
Due to inclement weather, however, day two of the championships was cancelled. Sacred Heart took home the title shooting a 286 overall.
The Bobcats resume play Friday when they travel to Littleston, Pa. for the Mount St. Mary’s Invitational. The event wraps up Saturday.