- A Hamden ‘hero’
- SURVIVOR: Spring Break
- Column: Women’s basketball team could benefit from Cinderella effect
- School of Business to start microlending program
- University provides gender-neutral bathrooms across three campuses
- Student Government Association plans policy changes
- Baker Dunleavy named new men’s basketball coach
- QTHON raises record amount at annual fundraiser
- Quinnipiac introduces Baker Dunleavy as men’s basketball coach
- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
Golf team wraps up play at New England tourney
The Quinnipiac golf team had a strong start in the New England Division I Golf Championships in Providence last weekend. The Bobcats shot a combined 321 Saturday in the first round to tie them with Dartmouth College for 13th place out of 17 teams.
Leading the way for the Bobcats was Ben Cook who shot a 76. Cook was tied for 17th place after day one. Closely followed by Cook was Steve Velardi with a 77. Kyle Chumas shot an 82 in round one. Eric Snow and Ian O’Connor each shot 86 for the Bobcats first day of action.
Due to inclement weather, however, day two of the championships was cancelled. Sacred Heart took home the title shooting a 286 overall.
The Bobcats resume play Friday when they travel to Littleston, Pa. for the Mount St. Mary’s Invitational. The event wraps up Saturday.