- Quinnipiac volleyball staff fired after 9-21 season
- Murphy’s Law: What the Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team should be thankful for
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball drops home opener to Hartford, 68-54
- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, on leave from the university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
What’s on your iPod?
“A Day in the Life”
A lyrically controversial song at the time, it has lingered on to be a true classic; Rolling Stone magazine ranked it number 26 in its “500 Greatest Songs” list. The song is very different and creative, something we don’t get much today.
Beck is a very diverse artist, which I was not aware of until recently. This song is just right to mellow you out when you need to relax.
This song comes off their new live acoustic disc “Skin and Bones.” The first time I heard this song was when I saw them on tour this past summer, and I have loved “Marigold” ever since. Grohl and the Foo are still rockin’ 12 years since their emergence.
I love the lyrics to this song, especially the chorus. Overall the new album “Light Grenades” is nothing special compared to their previous albums, but being a big fan of their past material I have to say that upon first hearing this song it instantly became one of my favorite Incubus songs.
“Off He Goes”
An acoustic ballad that proves Pearl Jam front man Eddie Vedder is one of the best song writers out there. Off of their ’96 album “No Code,” Vedder actually wrote the song about himself.
Red Hot Chili Peppers
This song is off their new album “Stadium Arcadium,” which is absolutely amazing. I enjoy listening to this song because it is not well-known and over-played on the radio all the time (like “Dani California”).
A great song from an even better movie (“Last Kiss”), “Chocolate” is a great song. It is mellow, yet up-beat at the same time. A simple yet mesmerizing beat to accompany great lyrics.