- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
What’s on your iPod?
“A Day in the Life”
A lyrically controversial song at the time, it has lingered on to be a true classic; Rolling Stone magazine ranked it number 26 in its “500 Greatest Songs” list. The song is very different and creative, something we don’t get much today.
Beck is a very diverse artist, which I was not aware of until recently. This song is just right to mellow you out when you need to relax.
This song comes off their new live acoustic disc “Skin and Bones.” The first time I heard this song was when I saw them on tour this past summer, and I have loved “Marigold” ever since. Grohl and the Foo are still rockin’ 12 years since their emergence.
I love the lyrics to this song, especially the chorus. Overall the new album “Light Grenades” is nothing special compared to their previous albums, but being a big fan of their past material I have to say that upon first hearing this song it instantly became one of my favorite Incubus songs.
“Off He Goes”
An acoustic ballad that proves Pearl Jam front man Eddie Vedder is one of the best song writers out there. Off of their ’96 album “No Code,” Vedder actually wrote the song about himself.
Red Hot Chili Peppers
This song is off their new album “Stadium Arcadium,” which is absolutely amazing. I enjoy listening to this song because it is not well-known and over-played on the radio all the time (like “Dani California”).
A great song from an even better movie (“Last Kiss”), “Chocolate” is a great song. It is mellow, yet up-beat at the same time. A simple yet mesmerizing beat to accompany great lyrics.