- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
Women’s basketball can’t topple Mount St. Mary’s
The women’s basketball team fell short on the road Saturday, losing to Mount St. Mary’s, 76-75.
In what was a close game from start to finish, Quinnipiac (16-10, 10-7 NEC) wasn’t able to pull out the victory, even after a career day from freshman center Courtney Kaminski. She scored a career-high 27 points, shooting 7-12 from the field and 6-7 from the free throw line, while pulling down eight rebounds.
After the ‘Cats stormed out to take a 43-40 lead at halftime, the Mount (12-15, 10-7 NEC) went on to score nine of the first 13 points of the second half to take the lead, 49-47. This spurt put the Mount in control from then on.
The ‘Cats would eventually cut the lead to one off a 3- pointer by Sarah McGowan with 40 seconds remaining in the game. After getting a stop on defense though, a jumper by Mandy Pennewell fell short, ending all hopes of a win for the ‘Cats.
The Mount was lead by Dita Krumberga, who scored a team-high 31 points as well as eight rebounds. Tiffany Green scored 12 points and Dominique Mazzuchi added 10 points in the win for the Mount.