- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Album Review: Fixer | “Before the Sun”
The band: Fixer is a rock quartet out of New York City. The band is made up of Evan R. Saffer, vocals; Rev Newton, drums; Wilson, guitar; and J Brown, bass.
Why it rocks: The band’s picture in the album sleeve may make them look like they’re punk rock, but these guys are nothing but straight up rock and roll. No songs on their 10-track debut album sound alike, making this disc a great choice for any mood you may be in at the end of the day. Some tracks are more hardcore rock, sounding like Buckcherry or Jane’s Addiction-type music, while others are a little more Guns N’ Roses (especially the slower tracks). For example, “Tell No One” starts the album off portraying Fixer as more of a heavy rock band, while tracks like “When it Comes to You” shows the band has a softer side.
2/23, The Space, Hamden
3/3, Cousin Larry’s, Danbury
Song worth downloading: “Down Without It”
Our rating (out of five): * * * *
Visit www.fixermusic.com for more information.