- The gift of education
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Drexel in final game of Holiday Showcase
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
5 minutes with…Dr. Manuel Carreiro, Vice President and Dean of Student Affairs
If you could make an ice cream sundae with anything on it, what would your ideal sundae be?
Coffee ice cream with hot fudge, whipped cream, a few walnuts on top and no cherries, unless it’s a real cherry.
What was the last movie you saw in theater?
The one with the penguins. “Happy Feet.” I saw it with my daughter and Shelly (Dr. Carreiro’s wife). I thought it was cute.
How many languages do you speak and what are they?
I speak Portuguese and English fluently.
About how many bow ties do you own?
Roughly 36, 38. It’s in there. All of them mostly been gifts because people know I like them. I get them from Macy’s and Vermont bow ties.
What is your favorite holiday?
Probably Thanksgiving. I like the family and camaraderie with family and friends and there is no obligation of gifts.
What is your zodiac sign?
I am a Scorpio. (F.Y.I. Dr. Carreiro’s birthday is November 3.)
What is your favorite vacation spot?
Bermuda. I love islands, but I like Bermuda because they have mopeds and I like to ride them.