- A second home in Hamden
- Men’s ice hockey takes 3-2 win over UMass despite power-play woes
- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
The male turkey is called a tom.
The female turkey is called a hen.
Tom turkeys have beards which are black, hairlike feathers on their breast.
Hens sometimes have beards, too.
Turkeys’ heads change colors when they become excited.
675 million pounds of turkey are eaten each Thanksgiving in the United States.
Turkeys have heart attacks. The United States Air Force was doing test runs and breaking the sound barrier. Nearby turkeys dropped dead with heart attacks.
Wild turkeys spend the night in trees. They especially like oak trees.
The costume that “Big Bird” wears on Sesame Street is rumored to be made of turkey feathers.
Forty-five million turkeys are eaten each Thanksgiving.