- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
The male turkey is called a tom.
The female turkey is called a hen.
Tom turkeys have beards which are black, hairlike feathers on their breast.
Hens sometimes have beards, too.
Turkeys’ heads change colors when they become excited.
675 million pounds of turkey are eaten each Thanksgiving in the United States.
Turkeys have heart attacks. The United States Air Force was doing test runs and breaking the sound barrier. Nearby turkeys dropped dead with heart attacks.
Wild turkeys spend the night in trees. They especially like oak trees.
The costume that “Big Bird” wears on Sesame Street is rumored to be made of turkey feathers.
Forty-five million turkeys are eaten each Thanksgiving.