- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball prepares for NCAA Tournament
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
- Spreading the Word to End the Word
- Tom Moore fired as men’s basketball head coach after 10 seasons
The male turkey is called a tom.
The female turkey is called a hen.
Tom turkeys have beards which are black, hairlike feathers on their breast.
Hens sometimes have beards, too.
Turkeys’ heads change colors when they become excited.
675 million pounds of turkey are eaten each Thanksgiving in the United States.
Turkeys have heart attacks. The United States Air Force was doing test runs and breaking the sound barrier. Nearby turkeys dropped dead with heart attacks.
Wild turkeys spend the night in trees. They especially like oak trees.
The costume that “Big Bird” wears on Sesame Street is rumored to be made of turkey feathers.
Forty-five million turkeys are eaten each Thanksgiving.