- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
The male turkey is called a tom.
The female turkey is called a hen.
Tom turkeys have beards which are black, hairlike feathers on their breast.
Hens sometimes have beards, too.
Turkeys’ heads change colors when they become excited.
675 million pounds of turkey are eaten each Thanksgiving in the United States.
Turkeys have heart attacks. The United States Air Force was doing test runs and breaking the sound barrier. Nearby turkeys dropped dead with heart attacks.
Wild turkeys spend the night in trees. They especially like oak trees.
The costume that “Big Bird” wears on Sesame Street is rumored to be made of turkey feathers.
Forty-five million turkeys are eaten each Thanksgiving.