- The gift of education
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Drexel in final game of Holiday Showcase
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
The male turkey is called a tom.
The female turkey is called a hen.
Tom turkeys have beards which are black, hairlike feathers on their breast.
Hens sometimes have beards, too.
Turkeys’ heads change colors when they become excited.
675 million pounds of turkey are eaten each Thanksgiving in the United States.
Turkeys have heart attacks. The United States Air Force was doing test runs and breaking the sound barrier. Nearby turkeys dropped dead with heart attacks.
Wild turkeys spend the night in trees. They especially like oak trees.
The costume that “Big Bird” wears on Sesame Street is rumored to be made of turkey feathers.
Forty-five million turkeys are eaten each Thanksgiving.