- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Men’s hockey picks up two more points
The Quinnipiac men’s hockey team has played only four road games in the ECACHL this season, yet they’ve already surpassed last season’s point total in conference road games. Last weekend, the Bobcats picked up a pair of points as they defeated Clarkson, 6-4, on Friday night and lost 3-2 to St. Lawrence on Saturday afternoon.
Quinnipiac, which went 2-9 in road ECAC games last season, is 2-1-1 in conference action and 5-3-2 overall. The Bobcats will play their first ECAC home games of the season this weekend when they host Colgate on Friday and Cornell on Saturday at the Northford Ice Pavilion.
Sophomores Bryan Leitch and David Marshall each scored two goals in the win over No. 12 Clarkson. Leitch scored the game-winning goal midway through third period on a penalty shot. Dan Henningson and Brandon Wong scored the other Quinnipiac goals, while Bud Fisher made 18 saves in net.
In the loss to St. Lawrence, the Saints snapped a 2-2 tie when Travis Vermeulen scored 6:44 into the third period. Wong and Dan Travis scored for the Bobcats, who held a 34-28 advantage in shots.
BOBCATS LOSE BORDIERI
Assistant captain Michael Bordieri is out indefinitely after being injured in Quinnipiac’s 2-2 tie at RPI on Nov. 4. The senior, who is one of the team’s top defensive forwards, has one goal in eight games played this season.