- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
Pneumonia occurs when the lining of the lungs becomes inflamed because of an infection. Warning signs to watch out for from the U.S. National Library of Medicine are:
-Having a cough with mucus that is green or yellow or coughing up blood
-Chest pain that worsens while coughing
-Fever with chills, headache, disorientation and fatigue
-Excessive sweating with clammy skin
Iron and Fertility:
An increase in iron reduces a women’s risk of infertitly. Iron deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency in the world. Women trying to conceive should boost their iron intake.
New York Health Department plans to have many restaurants include the amount of calories each meal has on the menus. While that can give many people an idea of how much they are consuming, many restaurant executives say that it will be a hassle and confusing. The Board of Health will vote on this proposal in December. If it is passed, it will go into effect in July.
Many people who were treated for diseases like gonorrhea or chlamydia are often reinfected within months. Doctors say that anyone infected with such diseases should be rechecked three months after. Even if patients feel fine, symptoms could be asymptomatic.