- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball prepares for NCAA Tournament
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
- Spreading the Word to End the Word
- Tom Moore fired as men’s basketball head coach after 10 seasons
Pneumonia occurs when the lining of the lungs becomes inflamed because of an infection. Warning signs to watch out for from the U.S. National Library of Medicine are:
-Having a cough with mucus that is green or yellow or coughing up blood
-Chest pain that worsens while coughing
-Fever with chills, headache, disorientation and fatigue
-Excessive sweating with clammy skin
Iron and Fertility:
An increase in iron reduces a women’s risk of infertitly. Iron deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency in the world. Women trying to conceive should boost their iron intake.
New York Health Department plans to have many restaurants include the amount of calories each meal has on the menus. While that can give many people an idea of how much they are consuming, many restaurant executives say that it will be a hassle and confusing. The Board of Health will vote on this proposal in December. If it is passed, it will go into effect in July.
Many people who were treated for diseases like gonorrhea or chlamydia are often reinfected within months. Doctors say that anyone infected with such diseases should be rechecked three months after. Even if patients feel fine, symptoms could be asymptomatic.