- Rugby looks to repeat as national champions with playoffs approaching
- Volleyball remains humble through newfound success
- Dean of School of Education dies at 51
- A second home in Hamden
- Men’s ice hockey takes 3-2 win over UMass despite power-play woes
- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
Pneumonia occurs when the lining of the lungs becomes inflamed because of an infection. Warning signs to watch out for from the U.S. National Library of Medicine are:
-Having a cough with mucus that is green or yellow or coughing up blood
-Chest pain that worsens while coughing
-Fever with chills, headache, disorientation and fatigue
-Excessive sweating with clammy skin
Iron and Fertility:
An increase in iron reduces a women’s risk of infertitly. Iron deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency in the world. Women trying to conceive should boost their iron intake.
New York Health Department plans to have many restaurants include the amount of calories each meal has on the menus. While that can give many people an idea of how much they are consuming, many restaurant executives say that it will be a hassle and confusing. The Board of Health will vote on this proposal in December. If it is passed, it will go into effect in July.
Many people who were treated for diseases like gonorrhea or chlamydia are often reinfected within months. Doctors say that anyone infected with such diseases should be rechecked three months after. Even if patients feel fine, symptoms could be asymptomatic.