- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
- Poppin’ fall films
- Serena’s struggle with sexism
- Local Hot Spot: Roost
- AJR burned Fall Fest down
- Flint takes the stage
Freshman 15 sheds a few pounds
The freshman 15 is something with which most students are somewhat familiar. As eating habits get worse, jeans get tighter. Researchers recently discovered, contrary to popular belief, students are gaining only about half of that: The Freshman 8.
According to the Obesity Society, students start putting on some weight in the beginning of their freshman year and continue throughout their sophomore year. Although students aren’t gaining as much weight as before, nutritionists are still concerned.
Being away from home can lead students to be vulnerable with their food choices. There aren’t any delicious home-cooked meals. Caf