- A second home in Hamden
- Men’s ice hockey takes 3-2 win over UMass despite power-play woes
- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
News Break International
India. A landmark new law seeking to protect women from domestic violence has come into effect in India. Every six hours, a young married woman is burned, beaten to death or driven to commit suicide, officials say. Overall, a crime against women is committed every three minutes in India, according to India’s National Crime Records Bureau. Punishment could range from a jail term of up to one year and/or a fine of up to 20,000 rupees ($450).
Tanzania. Two men were arrested for possession of baby parts in the region of Shinyanga. This region is famous for belief in witchcraft and mob killings of elderly people accused of sorcery. However, very few arrests are made because people are afraid to identify the culprits.