- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
Golf team places third at Tillinghast Invitational
The Quinnipiac University golf team finished 3rd at the Tillinghast Invitational on Oct. 17 with a combined two-day score of 606.
“It was a great effort,” said golf head coach John O’Connor. “The kids played their hearts out in the rain all day today. It is one of the most unique courses in the east, a very difficult course, and the kids did an outstanding job.”
St. John’s University hosted the event, in which a strong field included three Big East teams. The Bobcats were able to outpace two of those Big East teams, St. John’s and Seton Hall.
Senior Steve Velardi and Junior Kyle Chumas led the way for the Bobcats on the second day of competition with scores of 70.
Sophomores Ian O’Connor and Jason Loranger shot a 75 and 80 respectively in their final round of golf. Freshman Eric Snow finished with a 77 in his second day of action.
The Bobcats’ next match is the Quinnipiac Bobcat Invitational. The event takes place on Friday at the Farms Country Club in Wallingford.