- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves down to .500 in MAAC play with 75-72 loss to Niagara
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls short in 65-63 loss to Canisius
- Dean of School of Communications Mark Contreras resigns
- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
Golf team places third at Tillinghast Invitational
The Quinnipiac University golf team finished 3rd at the Tillinghast Invitational on Oct. 17 with a combined two-day score of 606.
“It was a great effort,” said golf head coach John O’Connor. “The kids played their hearts out in the rain all day today. It is one of the most unique courses in the east, a very difficult course, and the kids did an outstanding job.”
St. John’s University hosted the event, in which a strong field included three Big East teams. The Bobcats were able to outpace two of those Big East teams, St. John’s and Seton Hall.
Senior Steve Velardi and Junior Kyle Chumas led the way for the Bobcats on the second day of competition with scores of 70.
Sophomores Ian O’Connor and Jason Loranger shot a 75 and 80 respectively in their final round of golf. Freshman Eric Snow finished with a 77 in his second day of action.
The Bobcats’ next match is the Quinnipiac Bobcat Invitational. The event takes place on Friday at the Farms Country Club in Wallingford.