- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball prepares for NCAA Tournament
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
Golf team places third at Tillinghast Invitational
The Quinnipiac University golf team finished 3rd at the Tillinghast Invitational on Oct. 17 with a combined two-day score of 606.
“It was a great effort,” said golf head coach John O’Connor. “The kids played their hearts out in the rain all day today. It is one of the most unique courses in the east, a very difficult course, and the kids did an outstanding job.”
St. John’s University hosted the event, in which a strong field included three Big East teams. The Bobcats were able to outpace two of those Big East teams, St. John’s and Seton Hall.
Senior Steve Velardi and Junior Kyle Chumas led the way for the Bobcats on the second day of competition with scores of 70.
Sophomores Ian O’Connor and Jason Loranger shot a 75 and 80 respectively in their final round of golf. Freshman Eric Snow finished with a 77 in his second day of action.
The Bobcats’ next match is the Quinnipiac Bobcat Invitational. The event takes place on Friday at the Farms Country Club in Wallingford.