- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Cross country teams capture NEC Titles
For the first time in Quinnipiac cross country history, the men’s and women’s teams completed a clean sweep at the NEC Championships last Friday at Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx. Freshman Kristen Stevens won the women’s individual title to garner NEC Athlete of the Year and Rookie of the Year honors. John Ciccarelli finished second place in the men’s individual.
The women won their second consecutive NEC title and the men won for the second time in three years. Men’s coach Ed O’Connor was named the NEC Coach of the Year for the third time, while women’s coach Shawn Green was named NEC Coach of the Year for the first time.
“Both of our teams are so close and we feed off each other’s enthusiasm both on (and off) the course. We have worked hard and we wanted to prove to the NEC, New England and the Northeast Region what we can do,” said women’s co-captain Jenna Nechamen. “I couldn’t ask for a better team. As clich