- A Hamden ‘hero’
- SURVIVOR: Spring Break
- Column: Women’s basketball team could benefit from Cinderella effect
- School of Business to start microlending program
- University provides gender-neutral bathrooms across three campuses
- Student Government Association plans policy changes
- Baker Dunleavy named new men’s basketball coach
- QTHON raises record amount at annual fundraiser
- Quinnipiac introduces Baker Dunleavy as men’s basketball coach
- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
Cross country teams capture NEC Titles
For the first time in Quinnipiac cross country history, the men’s and women’s teams completed a clean sweep at the NEC Championships last Friday at Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx. Freshman Kristen Stevens won the women’s individual title to garner NEC Athlete of the Year and Rookie of the Year honors. John Ciccarelli finished second place in the men’s individual.
The women won their second consecutive NEC title and the men won for the second time in three years. Men’s coach Ed O’Connor was named the NEC Coach of the Year for the third time, while women’s coach Shawn Green was named NEC Coach of the Year for the first time.
“Both of our teams are so close and we feed off each other’s enthusiasm both on (and off) the course. We have worked hard and we wanted to prove to the NEC, New England and the Northeast Region what we can do,” said women’s co-captain Jenna Nechamen. “I couldn’t ask for a better team. As clich