- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Album Review: Mars Volta
The band: Mars Volta
The album: “Amputechture”
Why it rocks: Listening to a Mars Volta album is always a mini adventure within itself. The new album “Amputechture” is mysterious and experimental. Ask anyone what they think the meaning, or direction, of this album is, and hardly anyone could give you a straight answer. “Amputechture” is all over the place, and features crazy metal guitar solos, jazz horns, and beautiful Latin melodies and rhythms. The album also features many other talented musicians including John Frusciante, guitarist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Song worth a second listen: “Tetragrammaton”
Our rating (out of five): * * *