- Quinnipiac hires Baker Dunleavy as men’s basketball coach, per reports
- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
Hall Wars II: Sig Ep raises money to help fight cancer
The brothers of Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity are waging their second battle against cancer on Sept. 9 from 10 a.m. to 6p.m. Hall Wars II is an all-day fierce competition among freshmen that will raise money for the American Cancer Society. Last year, more than $3,000 was raised. Sigma Phi Epsilon expects to triple that amount this year.
“Everyday the brothers of Sigma Phi Epsilon find themselves fighting a most valiant fight, the fight against the devastation that cancer can bear,” said Chris McLaughlin, vice president of communications for Sigma Phi Epsilon. “We are confident that some day all of our hard work will pay off, and a cure for cancer will be found.”
The day’s games will include a blow-up gladiator competition, soccer, kickball, knockout and volleyball. Chartwell’s Dining Services will be flipping burgers and grilling hot dogs in the quad and Complex courtyard. A plate costs $4, and is all-you-can-eat style. WQAQ will hold a concert in the courtyard during the barbecue featuring 3WB and Chask 23. Raffle prizes include a television, DVDs and Teddy Geiger tickets.
Hall Wars II is supported by Greek life, Chartwell’s Dining Services and intramurals, as well as by various student organization, including WQAQ, resident’s assistants, Resident Hall Council and the Student Programming Board.