- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
Golf team finishes second at CCSU Blue Devil Invitational
The Quinnipiac men’s golf team showed vast improvement this past weekend with its performance at the Central Connecticut State University Blue Devil Invitational. After finishing eleventh at the Hartford Invitational on Sept. 10, the Bobcats bounced back with a second place finish, tying Yale University with an overall two-day score of 587.
CCSU won the event with a score of 579. Although the ‘Cats held a one shot lead over the Blue Devils going into Sunday’s round, they surrendered the lead to the hosts on Day 2. Still, the team was able to vault themselves from eleventh in its previous tournament to second, an improvement that did not go unnoticed by head coach John O’Connor.
“It was a superb performance,” he said. “Everybody’s performance was solid. Everyone played well.”
Quinnipiac fired a team score of 299 on Sunday, and was led by Kyle Chumas with a 144 overall, including a 74 on Day 2. With that score, Chumas tied for fourth overall.
Steve Velardi finished tied for sixteenth with a score of 149. Jason Loranger and Ian O’Connor finished with 150 and 153 respectively.
Quinnipiac tees off again on Sept. 30 at the Dartmouth Invitational.