- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Undergraduate commencement speaker announced
New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly will address the class of 2006 at this year’s undergraduate commencement, according to university officials.
Kelly is serving his second term as police commissioner. He first held the position from 1992 to 1994, and was reappointed by NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg shortly after the September 11 attacks.
Kelly has been a part of the NYC Police Department for 31 years. Outside of the NYPD, he worked for a variety of governmental agencies including the U.S. Treasury Department and the U.S. Customs Service.
He is also a Vietnam combat veteran, retiring as a colonel from the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves after 30 years of service.
Undergraduate commencement is May 21 at 11 a.m. on the Quad (weather permitting).