- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
WQAQ Battle of the Bands ’06 rocks campus
Music fans filled Alumni Hall Saturday evening to watch One Night Stand take the top prize at WQAQ’s annual Battle of the Bands.
Eleven acts took the stage that evening, ranging from solo acoustic singer/songwriters to heavy-hitting hard rockers. The winning group took home $300 and the opportunity to open up for Say Anything at the Spring Concert on April 1.
Second place and $200 went to More Equal Than Others, and Stone Quarries took the $100 third prize.
A panel of alumni judges came back to make the call: Chris Freda ’03, Valerie Pensa ’04, Jesse Elgarten ’04, Steve “Goose” Worman ’05 and Dennis Kisyk ’05. Another alum, Steve Kistner ’05, served as emcee for the evening.
The show opened with the aggressive sounds of Nonetheless, followed by a mellow acoustic set from Taront