- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
WQAQ Battle of the Bands ’06 rocks campus
Music fans filled Alumni Hall Saturday evening to watch One Night Stand take the top prize at WQAQ’s annual Battle of the Bands.
Eleven acts took the stage that evening, ranging from solo acoustic singer/songwriters to heavy-hitting hard rockers. The winning group took home $300 and the opportunity to open up for Say Anything at the Spring Concert on April 1.
Second place and $200 went to More Equal Than Others, and Stone Quarries took the $100 third prize.
A panel of alumni judges came back to make the call: Chris Freda ’03, Valerie Pensa ’04, Jesse Elgarten ’04, Steve “Goose” Worman ’05 and Dennis Kisyk ’05. Another alum, Steve Kistner ’05, served as emcee for the evening.
The show opened with the aggressive sounds of Nonetheless, followed by a mellow acoustic set from Taront