- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
- May the weekend go on
WQAQ Battle of the Bands ’06 rocks campus
Music fans filled Alumni Hall Saturday evening to watch One Night Stand take the top prize at WQAQ’s annual Battle of the Bands.
Eleven acts took the stage that evening, ranging from solo acoustic singer/songwriters to heavy-hitting hard rockers. The winning group took home $300 and the opportunity to open up for Say Anything at the Spring Concert on April 1.
Second place and $200 went to More Equal Than Others, and Stone Quarries took the $100 third prize.
A panel of alumni judges came back to make the call: Chris Freda ’03, Valerie Pensa ’04, Jesse Elgarten ’04, Steve “Goose” Worman ’05 and Dennis Kisyk ’05. Another alum, Steve Kistner ’05, served as emcee for the evening.
The show opened with the aggressive sounds of Nonetheless, followed by a mellow acoustic set from Taront