- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
- May the weekend go on
All things Spring
The spring season officially began on March 20, so what better way to celebrate then with all things spring? Five fabulous places for “spring things”, can be found very close to home.
The Whole Scoop in Hamden, owned by Barbara Wright, offers customers 28 hard ice cream flavors and eight flavor burst soft serve flavors. Wright offers several toppings including hot caramel, hot fudge, sprinkles, nuts, crushed cookies, Reeses Pieces, strawberries, diced pineapple and Heath Bar.
she says that “rootbeer floats, old fashioned malts, and old fashioned ice cream soda are some of the most popular [items].”
When the weather starts to warm-up, Wright intends to place chairs outside and by April 1 she will extend her store hours from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays.
The Whole Scoop also offers gourmet coffee, bagels, doughnuts, pastries, homemade muffins, small caf