- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
Men’s hockey lets lead slip away
Dartmouth scored two goals three minutes apart in the third period to rally from a one-goal deficit and defeat Quinnipiac, 5-4, before 3,417 at Thompson Arena on Friday night.
Sophomore Mark Van Vliet put the Bobcats (15-15, 6-12 ECAC) ahead 4-3 at 8:35 of the third period, but the Big Green tied the game four minutes later. Then, with 6:31 left in the period, Nick Johnson took a centering feed and redirected the pass to score the game-winning goal.
The loss snapped Quinnipiac’s two-game winning streak, its first since opening its inaugural season in the ECAC with wins over Harvard and Dartmouth. The win extended the Big Green’s unbeaten streak to five games (4-0-1).
Sophomore Ben Nelson had a goal late in the first period to tie the game at 1-1 and senior Joe Dumais scored a pair of goals in the second period to give Quinnipiac a 3-1 lead.
Freshman goalie Bud Fisher made 27 saves for the Bobcats, who finished with 35 shots on goal.
The Bobcats play their final two home games of the regular season this weekend. Quinnipiac plays Union on Friday at 7 p.m. at the Northford Ice Pavilion. On Saturday, the Bobcats play RPI on Senior Night at 7:30 p.m. at Ingalls Rink in New Haven.