- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Drexel in final game of Holiday Showcase
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
Men’s hockey lets lead slip away
Dartmouth scored two goals three minutes apart in the third period to rally from a one-goal deficit and defeat Quinnipiac, 5-4, before 3,417 at Thompson Arena on Friday night.
Sophomore Mark Van Vliet put the Bobcats (15-15, 6-12 ECAC) ahead 4-3 at 8:35 of the third period, but the Big Green tied the game four minutes later. Then, with 6:31 left in the period, Nick Johnson took a centering feed and redirected the pass to score the game-winning goal.
The loss snapped Quinnipiac’s two-game winning streak, its first since opening its inaugural season in the ECAC with wins over Harvard and Dartmouth. The win extended the Big Green’s unbeaten streak to five games (4-0-1).
Sophomore Ben Nelson had a goal late in the first period to tie the game at 1-1 and senior Joe Dumais scored a pair of goals in the second period to give Quinnipiac a 3-1 lead.
Freshman goalie Bud Fisher made 27 saves for the Bobcats, who finished with 35 shots on goal.
The Bobcats play their final two home games of the regular season this weekend. Quinnipiac plays Union on Friday at 7 p.m. at the Northford Ice Pavilion. On Saturday, the Bobcats play RPI on Senior Night at 7:30 p.m. at Ingalls Rink in New Haven.