- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Men’s hockey lets lead slip away
Dartmouth scored two goals three minutes apart in the third period to rally from a one-goal deficit and defeat Quinnipiac, 5-4, before 3,417 at Thompson Arena on Friday night.
Sophomore Mark Van Vliet put the Bobcats (15-15, 6-12 ECAC) ahead 4-3 at 8:35 of the third period, but the Big Green tied the game four minutes later. Then, with 6:31 left in the period, Nick Johnson took a centering feed and redirected the pass to score the game-winning goal.
The loss snapped Quinnipiac’s two-game winning streak, its first since opening its inaugural season in the ECAC with wins over Harvard and Dartmouth. The win extended the Big Green’s unbeaten streak to five games (4-0-1).
Sophomore Ben Nelson had a goal late in the first period to tie the game at 1-1 and senior Joe Dumais scored a pair of goals in the second period to give Quinnipiac a 3-1 lead.
Freshman goalie Bud Fisher made 27 saves for the Bobcats, who finished with 35 shots on goal.
The Bobcats play their final two home games of the regular season this weekend. Quinnipiac plays Union on Friday at 7 p.m. at the Northford Ice Pavilion. On Saturday, the Bobcats play RPI on Senior Night at 7:30 p.m. at Ingalls Rink in New Haven.