- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Men’s hockey lets lead slip away
Dartmouth scored two goals three minutes apart in the third period to rally from a one-goal deficit and defeat Quinnipiac, 5-4, before 3,417 at Thompson Arena on Friday night.
Sophomore Mark Van Vliet put the Bobcats (15-15, 6-12 ECAC) ahead 4-3 at 8:35 of the third period, but the Big Green tied the game four minutes later. Then, with 6:31 left in the period, Nick Johnson took a centering feed and redirected the pass to score the game-winning goal.
The loss snapped Quinnipiac’s two-game winning streak, its first since opening its inaugural season in the ECAC with wins over Harvard and Dartmouth. The win extended the Big Green’s unbeaten streak to five games (4-0-1).
Sophomore Ben Nelson had a goal late in the first period to tie the game at 1-1 and senior Joe Dumais scored a pair of goals in the second period to give Quinnipiac a 3-1 lead.
Freshman goalie Bud Fisher made 27 saves for the Bobcats, who finished with 35 shots on goal.
The Bobcats play their final two home games of the regular season this weekend. Quinnipiac plays Union on Friday at 7 p.m. at the Northford Ice Pavilion. On Saturday, the Bobcats play RPI on Senior Night at 7:30 p.m. at Ingalls Rink in New Haven.