- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
Player Profile: Hayley McMeekin
Sport: Ice Hockey
Hometown: Unionville, Ont.
McMeekin earns her first QU Athlete of the Week accolade after a week in which she scored four points in three-game span. The freshman forward has carried the scoring load for a young squad that includes 13 freshmen. She scored six goals and recorded two assists in the Bobcats’ first five games, establishing herself as the ECACHL’s top scorer. McMeekin, who played for the Toronto Aeros last year, was recently named the ECACHL Rookie of the Week.
Interesting Facts: During her days at Markham D. High, McMeekin also competed in basketball, soccer, and track and field as a 1500-runner. She also participated in flag football. In addition to captaining and leading her hockey team to four league titles in four years, McMeekin also played for solid area teams such as the Markham Waxers, Markham Islanders and the Hillcrest Summits – all three are boys’ teams.
Heading into a string of league games, McMeekin and the Bobcats are eagerly ready.
“Were really excited,” McMeekin said. “Hopefully we’ll start off with a win, that’d be great to have that under our belt going into Dartmouth and Harvard next weekend.”
Chased by a number of D-I programs last year, McMeekin is happy to have selected Quinnipiac.
McMeekin on the Season: “I think the program is really moving in the right direction, and I’m really excited to be a part of this for the next four years. I came in with a great freshman class, a bunch of great girls, so we’re working together to get some wins under our belt this year.”