- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Drexel in final game of Holiday Showcase
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
Getting a taste of ‘Everyday Gourmet’
Customers entering Everyday Gourmet, on Whitney Avenue in Hamden, are instantly greeted by the welcoming smiles of the owners Pat and Patty Puglia. Crossing the black and white checkered floor to choose from one of the seven tiny tables, the faint sound of Italian melodies is softly heard in the background. Red and pink flowers decorate the white linen tablecloths adding to the quaint atmosphere of the small restaurant. Colorful crayons are provided to doodle on the white paper covering the tablecloths while you await the arrival of your meal.
In May of 1984, Everyday Gourmet opened its doors to the public and has been serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner ever since. “We thought it would be a good place for a business,” owner Pat Puglia said. “After word spread we started getting more and more students.”
Puglia described the restaurant as an upscale dairy mart and “a cut above a regular deli.” Not only do they offer a full service dining room, but they also offer take out and catering services. Everyday Gourmet caters everything from small groups at the offices at Quinnipiac to large events like weddings and showers. They specialize in Italian.”Being Italian, that’s what I know best,” Puglia said. The menu features soups, salads, burgers, cold cuts, hot, and specialty sandwiches, and wraps.
Many students who always made special sandwich requests got their unique sandwich added to the menu and had it named in their honor Puglia said.
A few popular student-named sandwiches include: The Jenna: grilled chicken, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, and balsamic vinaigrette, The TK: roast beef and chicken salad with balsamic vinaigrette on toasted whole wheat bread, The Brendan: turkey breast, cheddar, barbeque sauce, and saut