- Quinnipiac hires Baker Dunleavy as men’s basketball coach, per reports
- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
Player Profile: Craig Cyr
Hometown: Pembroke, N.H.
Major: Business marketing
Cyr, a senior who has already established himself as the greatest golfer in the program’s history, has shouldered the burden of leader for this season. The reigning NEC Men’s Golfer of the Year added to his collection of hardware last week as he shined at the MacDonald Cup. At the Yale country club in New Haven, Cyr drove the ball an incredible 310 yards to earn himself a first-place finish in the long-drive championships.
The Bobcats would finish 10th out of the 20 teams that competed at the annual event. They posted an aggregate of 596 (293, 303) with Cyr and freshman standout Ian O’Conner (Syracuse, N.Y.) leading the way for the Bobcats. Both players shot a 146 at the two-day, 36-hole tournament.
Cyr and the men’s golf team were supposed to head to Hempstead, N.Y., this past weekend for a return to the Hofstra Invitational, where Cyr registered his first-ever tournament victory last year. However, the tournament was called off due to the course’s mucky conditions.