- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
- Changing of the Chief
- Spoons up!
Player Profile: Craig Cyr
Hometown: Pembroke, N.H.
Major: Business marketing
Cyr, a senior who has already established himself as the greatest golfer in the program’s history, has shouldered the burden of leader for this season. The reigning NEC Men’s Golfer of the Year added to his collection of hardware last week as he shined at the MacDonald Cup. At the Yale country club in New Haven, Cyr drove the ball an incredible 310 yards to earn himself a first-place finish in the long-drive championships.
The Bobcats would finish 10th out of the 20 teams that competed at the annual event. They posted an aggregate of 596 (293, 303) with Cyr and freshman standout Ian O’Conner (Syracuse, N.Y.) leading the way for the Bobcats. Both players shot a 146 at the two-day, 36-hole tournament.
Cyr and the men’s golf team were supposed to head to Hempstead, N.Y., this past weekend for a return to the Hofstra Invitational, where Cyr registered his first-ever tournament victory last year. However, the tournament was called off due to the course’s mucky conditions.