- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Player Profile: Craig Cyr
Hometown: Pembroke, N.H.
Major: Business marketing
Cyr, a senior who has already established himself as the greatest golfer in the program’s history, has shouldered the burden of leader for this season. The reigning NEC Men’s Golfer of the Year added to his collection of hardware last week as he shined at the MacDonald Cup. At the Yale country club in New Haven, Cyr drove the ball an incredible 310 yards to earn himself a first-place finish in the long-drive championships.
The Bobcats would finish 10th out of the 20 teams that competed at the annual event. They posted an aggregate of 596 (293, 303) with Cyr and freshman standout Ian O’Conner (Syracuse, N.Y.) leading the way for the Bobcats. Both players shot a 146 at the two-day, 36-hole tournament.
Cyr and the men’s golf team were supposed to head to Hempstead, N.Y., this past weekend for a return to the Hofstra Invitational, where Cyr registered his first-ever tournament victory last year. However, the tournament was called off due to the course’s mucky conditions.