- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Letter to the Editor: Administrator thanks QU community for supporting Katrina relief efforts
To the Quinnipiac Community:
The Hurricane Katrina Relief efforts on campus are winding down.
Thanks to the hundreds of donations and dozens of volunteers, we (you) have really made a difference. The School of Law donated $1000 from a benefit concert and more than $2000 via cash gifts to the Red Cross.
The overall QU community raised $5825 and collected enough emergency relief items to fill two stuffed buses. Two other faculty collected more than $1600 in just their two classes alone.
A public relations class sold Katrina relief bracelets during Parents Weekend and donated $780 to the Red Cross.
Another student is collecting school supplies to be sent to Louisiana early in November. Another class is devoting their entire service learning project to these relief efforts and, with the help of an anonymous $5,000 gift, will help keep a dislocated family solvent.
These are all examples of what makes Quinnipiac a community. Special thanks go Carleen Roy-Butler for her efforts. She will continue to assist students interested in longer term support projects, and is also planning alternate spring break trips to the affected region.
To the many people who donated time and effort, thank you.