- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball prepares for NCAA Tournament
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
- Spreading the Word to End the Word
- Tom Moore fired as men’s basketball head coach after 10 seasons
Alpha Chi Omega sponsors domestic violence speaker
At least one in every three women has been beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused in her lifetime. In conjunction with October being Domestic Violence Awareness month, three women from Domestic Violence Services of Greater New Haven will be presenting their stories and educating the Quinnipiac community on Thursday, Oct. 27 in the Law School’s Grand Courtroom.
The speakers for the session include Executive Director for Domestic Violence Services of Greater New Haven, Sandra Koorejian and the Community Educator, Tracy Parks. A domestic violence survivor will tell her story and answer any questions students may have. Alpha Chi Omega is sponsoring the event and will be presenting a check to the shelter with the money raised throughout the month of October.
“We are having the speakers come to campus to educate the Quinnipiac community about issues regarding domestic violence and to continue our support of the Fight Against Domestic Violence,” Vice President of Risk Management for Alpha Chi Omega, Deborah Lynch said. “We are going to have pamphlets available regarding where to go for help and how to help if someone you know is a victim of domestic violence. It is important to learn about the support provided by the Domestic Violence Services of Greater New Haven.”
The event begins at 7 p.m. and refreshments will also be available. For more information on Domestic Violence Services of Greater New Haven, check out www.dvsgnh.org.