- A second home in Hamden
- Men’s ice hockey takes 3-2 win over UMass despite power-play woes
- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
Write for the commentary and opinion section of The Chronicle
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and iinvite all Quinnipiac students with an opinion to consider writing for the Opinion section of The Chronicle.
I am a junior broadcast journalism major and have been involved with The Chronicle since I arrived here in 2003. During my freshmen year, I wrote for the section, and then I became editor last year.
The Opinion pages have the potential to be this newspaper’s strongest section, providing a forum for the university community to esxpress their opinions on a wide range of topics. With enough student participation, these pages can be a source of debate about issues both Quinnipiac-related or from “the real world.”
Therefore, I encourage anyone interested in writing for this section to email me at Andrew.Atchue@quinnipiac.edu for more information. I am in the process of e-mailing those who expressed interest at the involvement fair, but feel free to e-mail me as well.
In terms of topics, almost anything is fair game. Unlike other sections, I can’t really assign writers something specific to write about. This section is all about your opinions on topics that you choose. Anything you feel strongly about is usually good enough to make it into print.
I hope to see this section become a lively source of commentary over the course of the year. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to email me.