- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
Student films to debut at second annual QU Film Fest
Lights, camera, action! The Student Government Association class of 2007 will host Quinnipiac’s second annual QU Film Fest in Alumni Hall from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on April 24th.
The film fest will feature student-directed and produced movies and is free and open to the public.
After being filtered through, the best of the films will be shown on the big screen in Alumni Hall to four judges: Lisa Burns, assistant professor of media studies and public relations, Scott Hazan, assistant director of the student center and leadership development, Ed Kovacs, director of the student center and leadership development, and Erin Rosa, senior media production major and co-director and producer of the spring production of “Don’t Throw the Tomatoes.”
The first place winner will receive a $300 prize, second place gets $200 and third place receives $50.
Wendy Wei, president of the junior class, hopes that the fest will be just as successful as last year.
“The seniors last year started it,” Wei said. “We showed about 15 films and the response was so good that we wanted to start making it an annual thing.”
She says that students have already started entering their work and that there will be a mix of film genres.
“There are documentaries and comedies,” Wei said. “it will be a big mix.”
Due to the response, the film submission date has been extended to April 13. All entries must be recorded on DVD. For more information about the event, contact Wendy Wei at Wendy.Wei@quinnipiac.edu.