- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
QU Cheerleaders, dance teams compete at Basketball Hall of Fame
In a sport that goes without hardly any recognition at all, the Quinnipiac cheerleaders and dance teams are certainly making a name for themselves.
The cheerleaders, headed by tri- aptains, Kara Brawn, Nora Sullivan and Denise Wilbert won first place in the All-Girl College Division at the New England Cheer and Dance Championships.
Along with this piece of hardware, the women, including the other colleges and universities, recorded the highest score for the session giving them the honor of being named Grand Champions.
This performance vaulted the squad into the NCA National Collegiate Championships Finals. The Bobcats were in competition with some big name schools incluiding: Ohio State (Big Ten), Georgia (SEC), Rutgers University (Big East), North Carolina State (ACC), Providence College (Big East) and Florida State (ACC).
But cheerleading was not the only team represented at this meet. Both Dance Company and Kickline, which appeared in the dance portion of the competition, both were able to place in top five in their respective groupings.
Dance Company finished second during their session, while the Kickline placed fifth in their respective division.