- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Pop culture and its effect on society
A small crowd in Alumni Hall was bombarded with images of half-naked women, waxed men and designer clothes. These images were presented by Jessica Weiner.
Weiner led an interactive speech, presented by the Multicultural Events Committee, on her views of pop culture and the media.
She said that through current ads in magazines and on television “women are portrayed as always ready for sex and that it’s okay for them to sell or wear food, but not eat it.”
Male images in the media are also strong and risqu