- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
- Men’s soccer beats Monmouth for fifth straight MAAC win
Pop culture and its effect on society
A small crowd in Alumni Hall was bombarded with images of half-naked women, waxed men and designer clothes. These images were presented by Jessica Weiner.
Weiner led an interactive speech, presented by the Multicultural Events Committee, on her views of pop culture and the media.
She said that through current ads in magazines and on television “women are portrayed as always ready for sex and that it’s okay for them to sell or wear food, but not eat it.”
Male images in the media are also strong and risqu