- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
Pop culture and its effect on society
A small crowd in Alumni Hall was bombarded with images of half-naked women, waxed men and designer clothes. These images were presented by Jessica Weiner.
Weiner led an interactive speech, presented by the Multicultural Events Committee, on her views of pop culture and the media.
She said that through current ads in magazines and on television “women are portrayed as always ready for sex and that it’s okay for them to sell or wear food, but not eat it.”
Male images in the media are also strong and risqu