- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
- Poppin’ fall films
- Serena’s struggle with sexism
- Local Hot Spot: Roost
- AJR burned Fall Fest down
- Flint takes the stage
Pop culture and its effect on society
A small crowd in Alumni Hall was bombarded with images of half-naked women, waxed men and designer clothes. These images were presented by Jessica Weiner.
Weiner led an interactive speech, presented by the Multicultural Events Committee, on her views of pop culture and the media.
She said that through current ads in magazines and on television “women are portrayed as always ready for sex and that it’s okay for them to sell or wear food, but not eat it.”
Male images in the media are also strong and risqu